Monday, August 16, 2010

Traffic Jam, episode 12: Sunshine

For those who don't know me personally, I am not just a dj.  I am a brave, intelligent, and slightly insane middle school teacher.  Last year when I taught 8th grade science, part of the curriculum required me to teach about light waves.  When I taught them about the Sun and how life on Earth relies on the Sun's energy, several children brought up the fact that sometime in the very distant future, our Sun will go supernova and engulf us.  

I bring this up to remind people that everything, evvvverrrrything, EV-ER-Y-THANG eventually ends. People, Events, institutions, nations, and even our precious Sun are temporary...  

In the past I have worried and tried to control situations only to realize my actions were futile.  I finally realized that I am happiest when I enjoy life and accept each moment for what it is.  No holding back, no regrets, no waiting for some "perfect" moment in the future... Now is all there is.

So, here's a little sunshine... from me to you... enjoy ; )  




Act Too (Love of My Life)... The Roots feat. Common
You're Making Me High... Toni Braxton
Player's Ball... OutKast
Lazy Afternoon... The Roots
Don't Disturb this Groove... The System
It's Love... Jill Scoot
Everybody Loves The Sunshine... Roy Ayers
Old Times Sake... Sweet Sable
On & On... Erykah Badu
Crusin'... D'Angelo
Far Away... Kindred The Family Soul
There Goes My Baby... Charlie Wilson & Usher (SugarBlend)
Kissin You... Total
Just Kickin It... Xscape
I Am... Mary J. Blige
Let's Rock... Chrisette Michelle
Keep On Movin'...Soul II Soul
Maryjane... Rick James
Champagne Life... NeYo

1 comment:

  1. I work a whole lot but got some time to correct you(or 2 check you)and your ah flame and the mixing got that nu hottness 2 it plus th@ ole dagger swagger th@ stays stuck in your head I dig it.DUG Later

    ReplyDelete