Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Traffic Jam, episode 3: Funky Old Phil



This week's mix has a little background story. Those who know me know that I was named by, and received my early dj training from, DJ GaFFle. GaFFle introduced me to DJ Hakim who, in addition to encouraging me, gave me the opportunity to be the back-up DJ at Strip.

Whenever I spin at Strip, the general manager, Phil, usually asks me for some Gorillaz, Mos Def, or Common. He also gives me the creative freedom to play anything I want... and I think he's really cool for that : )

The last time I was there, I asked him what he wanted me to play and he said, "Play something old and funky, like me." So here you go Phil... a funky old mix for you ; )

Top Billin'...Audio Two
I Get Money (Party Break)...50 Cent and DJ Riz
Keep on Going...Vivian Green
I'll Be Around...Cee-Lo
Who's That...R. Kelly feat. Fat Joe
Everyday It Rains...Mary J. Blige
Rock Wit U...Alicia Keys
Zulu War Chant...Afrika Bambaataa
Love Like This...Faith Evans
Ladyz...AV8
Stylo...Gorillaz
Take it Easy...Mad Lion
Hit the Freeway...Tony Braxton
Get Me Home...Foxy Brown feat. Blackstreet
Get By...Talib Kweli
Watch Out Now...Beatnuts
Never Stop...Brand New Heavies
The People...Common
Be OK...Chrisette Michelle
Addictive...Truth Hurts
Soul Food...Goodie Mob
I Love You...Cheri Dennis
Rebirth of Slick...Digable Planets

No comments:

Post a Comment